We Inspect Everything-Starting at $240
Ameri-Corp Inspection Services-810-275-1497
One Stop Inspections-We Do Homes , Well and Septic
Talk to an Inspector Now
Home & Business Exterior & Interior- Water Wells-Septics-Water Testing
RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL Building Inspection for buyers, sellers, listing & selling agents. Home Inspection, Business Inspection, Factory Inspections- Our complete inspection service includes a printed report (booklet) of your inspection after inspection completed- all included in our low fee.
What do we inspect?
- HVAC-Heating, Furnace, Heat Pump, Blower, Air Conditioning
- Plumbing -Throughout-Pipes, All Faucets, Showers, Garden Hoses
- Electrical-Box, Outlets, Ground Faults, Fuses & or Circuit Breakers
- Appliances, Stove, Oven, Refrigerator, Garbage Disposal, Trash Compactor,
- Ceiling Joists-one of a series of parallel beams used to support ceiling loads.
- Rafter- one of a series of structural members designed to support roof load
- Flooring- the interior horizontal surface of the house.
- Fascia- a flat, horizontal member of cornice placed in a vertical position.
- Header- a framing member across the top of an opening to distribute the load.
- Roof Sheathing- flat boards that are nailed to the rafters to which is fastened to the covering.
- Roof Covering-the outer surface of the roof.
- Window Casing- the framing members containing and supporting the windows of the house.
- Gutter- an open channel installed along the eave of a roof to take away water.
- Door Jamb- an upright surface that lines an opening for a door.
- Siding- the exposed surface of exterior walls of frame buildings.
- Wall Sheathing- a sub-surface material nailed to exterior studs to back the siding.
- Parge Coat- a coating of a foundation wall to retard the passage of water.
- Drain Tile- an underground drainage system used to carry off excess water at foundation footings.
- Slab-concrete floor placed directly on earth or gravel base and supported on the footings.
- Chimney Flashing- a shield used at junction of chimney and roof to prevent leaks
- Floor Joist- one of a series of framing members which rests on outer foundation walls and interior girders.
- Sub-Flooring- a wood or fibrous material that receives the finished flooring.
- Footing- a concrete horizontal base on which the house foundation rests
- Main Girder- the main support that usually runs between foundation walls to carry the weight of a floor.
- Foundation- construction below or partly below grade which provides support for the house.
- Sill Plate-one of a series of horizontal framing members resting on top of the foundation wall.
- Bracing-technique used to stiffen the building.
- Soffit- the visible horizontal underside of the eave or overhang of a house.
- Stud-the vertical members of the house framing to which horizontal sheets are nailed.
- Wall Board- an interior wall surface of plasterboard or material other than plaster.
In addition we inspect: (if exposed)
1. Gable Stud 15. Downspout strap 30. Furring strips 45. Window light 61. Stair
2. Collar beam 16. Downspout leader 31. Corner stud 46. Window cripple 62. Finish
3. Ridge board 17. Double plate 32. Gravel fill 47. Building paper 63. Stair rail
4. Insulation 18. Entrance canopy 33. Concrete floor 48. Pilaster 64. Balusters
5. Chimney Cap 19. Garage cornice 34. Foundation footing 49. Rough header 65. Plaster
6. Chimney flues 20. Garage door 35. Paper strip 50. Cornice molding 66. Mantel
7. Chimney 21. Downspout shoe 36. Diagonal subfloor 51. Facia board 67. Bridging
8. Ridge 22. Sidewalk 37. Backfill 52. Lath 68. Lookout
9. Roof boards 23. Entrance post 38. Insulation 53. Wainscoting 69. Attic space
10. Stud 24. Entrance platform 39. Window well wall 54. Baseboard 70. Metal lath
11. Eave gutter 25. Stair riser 40. Grade line 56. Ash dump 71. Window
12. Blind or shutter 26. Stair stringer 41. Basement sash 57. Door trim-casing 72. Chimney
13. Bevel siding 27. Girder post 42. Window well 58. Fireplace hearth 73. Newel
14. Downspout gooseneck 28. Chair rail 43. Corner brace 59. Fire brick
15. Downspout strap 29. Cleanout door 44. Window frame 60. Newel cap